White Water Rafting
& Optional Adventure Activities
Prices From $295.00NZD
Departure Time: 08:15am - 09:00am - 10:00am - 11:00am
This may be adjusted to suit the arrival & departure of your cruise ship.
Pick up/departure time will be confirmed upon booking!
This is a Private Charter Shore Excursion just for your group from the Port of Tauranga.
Join us on a full day of Action and Adventure filled with laughter and memories!
White Water Rafting combined with a choice of 3 Optional Adventure Packages:
Option 1: Gondola with 3 Luge rides.
Option 2: Jet Boat with a 30 min guided tour of Mokoia Island.
Option 3: Quad Bikes, 4X4 Buggy Tour, Clay Shooting or Horse Trekking
The ultimate in rafting in New Zealand a stunning boulder and tree lined gorge combining turbulent rapids with exciting drops to produce awesome white water action. Snake through steep native bush clad canyons and over 14 awesome rapids & 3 waterfalls. Blended with touches of Maori culture, this trip offers it all, for both white water rafting enthusiasts and first timers. After Rafting we move on to your second chosen activity!
Once on board you vehicle for the day we take in the sights of Mount Maunganui & drive along one of the best beaches in New Zealand, see the abundant of coffee shops, cafes & breath taking scenery, not forgetting the infamous" Mount" which this area is named after. After leaving the coastline we head into the lush countryside, where you will see and learn about the Kiwifruit orchards and how this wondrous fruit became part of New Zealand! We travel past deep forestry, Stunning lakes and amazing views.
White Water Rafting
We soon arrive at you first adventure for the day and after a safety instruction, a 60-minute whitewater adventure unfolds. Together with your expert guide, your team will enjoy an action packed ride down epic rapids in a tight and twisting warm water jungle canyon. This is a white water enthusiasts dream and is a must do for adrenaline junkies and 1st time rafters alike!
Kaituna River rafting peaceful waters and thrilling rapids share a stunning unspoiled natural setting. Snake through steep native bush clad canyons and over awesome white water rapids. Your river guide will expertly manoeuvre through thunderous rapids, so hold on and enjoy this thrilling whitewater experience. Blended with touches of Maori culture, this trip offers it all. Work together in a team to tackle the river with lots of fun, laughter and screams! Oh and yes you will get wet!
Please bring your swimwear, towel and your sense of Adventure! We provide everything else you need to get down the river safely! Including: Wetsuits/Booties/PFDs and all other river equipment.
Choose any one of the options below to follow your white water rafting experience!
Option 1 Skyline gondola & 3 Luge rides
• Jump on board an eight-seater Gondola. Experience the 900 metre cableway system that will transport your group on scenic ride with spectacular views over lake Rotorua. Then choose from 3 luge tracks to race down! The part go-cart, part toboggan is gravity fuelled with full rider control over speed and direction using a unique braking and steering system. Pull back on the bars to slow down, push forward to go and enjoy the ride. It's the longest track in the world.
Option 2 Jet Boat & Mokoia Island Experience
• The ultimate experience which combines a 30min Jet Tour of Lake Rotorua with a 30min guided tour of Mokoia Island. Experience nature, geothermal activity, local history and a walk through the bird sanctuary on this magical island.
Option 3 Adventure Playground
Choose any 2 of the following1 hour activities below:
• Quad biking: Explore the 750 acre Rotorua adventure playground of NZ off road fun with the amazing backdrop of Lake Rotorua & native NZ bush. Our guests love this ride as much as the guides love hosting it.
• Horse trekking: Let the experienced guides take you on a magical Rotorua Horse Trek up the magnificent Mt Ngongotaha. Our horse trails cross rolling farmland and offer spectacular views overlooking Lake Rotorua, the city and beyond.
• Clay bird Shooting: Under the guidance of a fully licensed instructors. Rotorua clay bird shooting is suitable for beginners, right through to experienced clay bird shooters. They have a well stocked armory of 12 gauge ‘under and over’, pump action or semi auto shotguns to suit all levels of shooter.
• 4 Wheel Drive buggy ride: Our off road experience takes you through lush NZ native bush showcasing our famous New Zealand Silver Ferns and a variety of native birds and animals. The highlight of the off road experience is the breathtaking views from our highest lookout, extending across Lake Rotorua, Mokoia Island and the city of Rotorua.
Shore Excursion Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel within 48hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
If for whatever reason your ship is not able to dock on the day of your excursion then all monies paid will be refunded!
Excellent value for money
A day of fun, laughter and action.
Small group ensures personal service
Guarantee back to ship on time
Port pickup and drop-off included
Price includes rafting and activities chosen.
Private Charter just for your group/party.
Official Guides for rafting and option 2 & 3.
Wetsuits and all protective clothing needed.
Cold bottled water