Villagers in the area along Songkhla Lake on the side of Phatthalung Province Started planting seedlings in the One Way Lake. Inherited from ancestors and is considered the only farming in the lake in Thailand. and is a beautiful photography angle in the morning when the sun emerges from the water surface
Villagers in the Songkhla lake area, Village No. 7, Village No. 8, Lampam Subdistrict, Mueang Phatthalung District with houses located on the edge of the lake Using the rhythm of the lake's declining waters, they took part in farming rice fields in the lake. By using the area along the shore of the lake that stretches almost 9 km to plant rice. It is a way that has been passed down from our ancestors to use the produce to feed the family. And it is considered that there is only one farming in the lake in Thailand.
During this period, rice can be farmed. because the lake has no wind called the wind starting from June to September In September, it's the rice harvesting season. and must complete the harvest. because after September will enter the outside wind Then Songkhla Lake will have strong waves. If the harvest is not completed, the sides will be destroyed.” Must find rice varieties with strong stems, deep roots, and rice plants, when growing, must be tall. Able to withstand strong winds and small waves that hit the shore Therefore, RD.33 and Chainat rice varieties are commonly used. the rice farmer in the lake The paddy fields must be prepared for the planting area because most of the rice fields are divided into 2 parts and the part where the water does not sink about 30 percent, the soil will be slightly plowed. The other part is submerged in about 70 percent of the area with a water depth of about 30 centimeters. Because it is muddy soil and sediment deposited.
Mrs. Sin Poolsawat, 69 years old, one of those who have been relayed. Knowledge of how to farm rice in the lake is said to have used an area of about 4 hectares to farm rice by the lake for decades, and many neighbors have done the same, with a total area of more than 500 hectares planting rice, taking about three and a half months. in rice planting It will start around the beginning of June. Harvested at the end of September every year for the reason that we choose to farm during this period. because the water in the lake has decreased making it possible to grow rice If it exceeds this period, the rice fields will not be productive because the seawater will flood the rice plants and damage it.
For maintenance is not difficult and does not require money to buy fertilizers. Because this area has natural mineral sediments already deposited. and there is always water According to the ups and downs of the lake's waters, farmers get a full grain yield. when the rice plant is growing It has also become a habitat for shrimp, mollusks, crabs, and small fish. which is another by-product that the villagers receive Importantly, the villagers' farming here does not require capital, only labor. And at the beginning of the seedlings, professional and amateur photographers from all over will flock to take photos in the early morning hours as the sun rises from the surface. with a picture of a farmer planting seedlings It is another aspect of community tourism of the villagers along Songkhla Lake. That is suitable for tourists to learn and check in beautiful corners. over the years
You can read more information at Thailand.เกมเอกโอ